Bugger. I've just been informed by the road race organiser that I can't race on a day licence, which I had been told would suffice. Bum. Now there's not time to get a licence, and have you seen the BCF website? flipping nightmare to find out just what you need, how is anyone meant to easily get into this sport. Anyway, buying a year membership then a licence on top of that just for one race - I don't think so. Ok, so as a an ex roadie I should have known better, but I just fancied a race having started to get some decent training in and as a wee tester on my way to the goal of the 3Peaks cyclo cross race. This race was local-ish (where I live sub 2 hrs is local!) and having checked with the race organiser I was assured that a day licence would be ok, but now it's not... Alternatives, none really, there is an SXC mtb race in Perth, but they cost waaaay too much to enter for the "pleasure" of getting changed at the side of the F.C. road, charging around some ad-hoc course for 1 hour 40 mins then driving home wet and muddy, no showers, not even a free cup of tea and a piece of cake. Would someone explain why mtb races are £30? So, come Sunday morning I'll just head out for a good long sesh' on the cx bike. Feel a bit silly I shaved my legs now!

Comments

  1. Well said.

    There are a few parties who's stated aim is to encourage more participation, yet their actions state the opposite.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts